Below are the precautions we will be taking to ensure children are as safe as possible during their time at our school.
Drop off – We will erect a table in the side yard for drop-off. Instead of using our tablet to sign your child in, a teacher will greet you at the gate and take your child’s temperature. Please notify us if your child has had any exposure, or if they have any symptoms consistent with COVID 19
During the day – All children will be supported in mask-wearing at all times. The CDC and Department of Health asks teachers to try to utilize social distancing in the classroom whenever possible between teachers and students as well as across the kids. We understand that with this age group this is often not possible, but we will focus heavily on hygiene and health practices. – All teachers will wear masks at all times when in the classroom or on the playground with the exception of lunch.
– We have a hand-washing station outside by the drop-off gate, and will have kids wash hands at least once an hour, but definitely any time we notice them touching their mouth, nose, or eyes. -We will be spending most of our morning time outside. We will stay outside during the morning hours to beat the heat and then after lunch the younger children will nap inside while the older children read and then work independently.
– While we normally allow children to share a material, and work together, we will be enforcing 1 person per work with all materials inside the classroom to minimize the spread of germs, or alternatively children can wash hands before and after sharing a work. On the playground of course there will be times the children get close to one another, and we want them to have social time, the open air in the sun on the playground is the safest place for this to happen.
- Both classroom spaces are equipped with HEPA air filters as an added precaution.
– We expect all parents to keep children home if anyone in the household is running a fever, or if the child or family member shows any symptoms. If your family finds out they might have been exposed to the virus (whether or not they are showing symptoms), please inform us right away.
– If there is a positive case in our school community, we will shut the school for 14 days to make sure that we have done our best to stop the spread. If the child does not have symptoms, but another family member does, we will notify all members of our school community, that child may not return until 14 days after the family member’s symptoms disappear, or tests negative, as per state guidance.
Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for further safety protocols.